Re: Re: [Harp-L] "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" on diatonic question

I meant to say "In second position *on a standard tuned harp* you
have to nail the 5OB...

Tim Moyer wrote:

Robert McGraw wrote:
> I play this tune in 1st but it has some tricky OBs and bends...any
> suggestions as to alternate positions?I don't much like the way it
> sounds in 2nd...anybody use alternate tunings to play it?

This song lays out beautifully on a Melody Maker tuned harp, which
gives you the 2nd (A in the G scale) and major 7th (F# in the G
scale)
without bends.  In second position you really have to nail the 5OB
get the F#, but I love playing it that way.

-tim