[Harp-L] RE: Kim Wilson oddball harp mic

Hi -

Kim did have a mic from somewhere overseas, I didn't
know much about it though, and it was not any of the
mics I have built for him. He didn't even have it when
he was in my neck of the woods.

Thom Fiacco mentioned a mic I built for Kim that he
lost & refound recently. That was an Astatic
UT-48...basically a rare T-3 style model microphone,
but instead of a chrome housing, it has more of a
brushed metal body, and with a different style grill
on it. I installed a rare, new old stock (vintage)
element in it for him.

And neither of those are to be confused with an
Astatic 200, which is that bullet-style microphone
Astatic made with a stem or handle connected to the
body. Most of these had a gold colored body with a
chrome grill, but some were silver with a chrome
grill, and other models were all light brown or all
dark brown. Annie Raines has been known to use those
mics quite a bit.

You can see examples of what the Astatic T-3 & gold
Astatic 200 mics look like on my microphones page...

http://www.dennisgruenling.com/microphones.htm

Hope that helps some!

-Dennis Gruenling
www.dennisgruenling.com