Re: [Harp-L] Fieball as aacoustic mic - and other possibilities.

Some years ago, I tried to come up with this solution and settled on a Doctor's/optometrist's head-band'. The headband would hold a tiny goose neck (from a tiny lamp..what else). It was rewired for the mic at the end.

Hand less phone setups are no good because they come in from the side (in the way of your hands). Chest mounts are OK for Bass & Chord but (again) they are in the way of a chromatic player (who generally hold their arms in a more downward position than bass & chord players).

The only problem that I could see was that it would look SILLY. I mean, really?. Just picture it, makes me laugh thinking about it. I even have a cartoon around here somewhere that I drew 25-30 years ago which is a helmet with at least 5 harmonicas attached on goose necks and articulated arms., that swing in from all directions when needed.

It's called "Stimpy's Harmonica Helmet" but of course I can never publish it.

smo-joe