Re: [Harp-L] Re: a question for all you toungue blockers outthere...

Great thread going here. I just wanted to comment
on something my friend Rob P. said:

--- Robert Paparozzi <chromboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
<<Big Snip>>
>     There is no RIGHT or WRONG as they are both
> viable techniques. The most "versatile" Harmonica
> player will actively practice and use BOTH
> embouchures according to the "task at hand" and
> many times this involves using BOTH on the same
> piece of music.
<<snip>>

Bingo!

I began as a pucker player, learned about TB when I
got heavy into blues and wanted to get more of that
thick Chicago sound. However, I never abandoned
pucker. In fact, now I switch back and forth
constantly in any given song (especially in blues).
I don't think about it anymore at all. I just grab
what's best for the moment. Not that I'm some
super-versatile player, but knowing and using both
techniques has opened up a lot of doors for me on
this path.

I totally agree that players should learn both
techniques and use them where they fit. The more
arrows in your quiver, the better off you are.

Harpin' in Colorado,
--Ken M.