RE: [Harp-L] a question for all you toungue blockers out

Bill;
     Not true. I bend heavily on 1-4 while tongue blocking. It's an
essential part of pre-war styles. I repeat my recommended listening for
this style of playing: Palmer McAbee ('Lost Boy Blues' especially) Wayne
Raney, Onie Wheeler. There are heaps more players, mostly white
southerners, who seem to have been the most heavly recorded, but I'd
reckon it was a black style earlier on that was taken on by whites, a
bit like the five string banjo.
    Just listen, and hang in there.
Rick Dempster