[Harp-L] re: embrochure

Different embrochures make different techniques easier. I find it easier to play
Chicago blues and rock riffs tongue blocking. Sonny Terry and rock leads easier
with pucker. There's exceptions of course.

You really need to know tongue blocking so you can play octaves and tongue
slaps. There's some cool techniques you can get amplified by sliding the
tongued octave, and some interesting amplified effects that are basically just
licking the harp (sick I know)

After talking with Charlie Musselwhite, I use both often mixing embrouchures in
the same song. For fast runs I like to pucker, for chording, tongue block.

>From a composer perspective. I am more comfortable puckering. Therefore I
deliberately tongue block to break out of old tired riffs.

Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com
http://www.soundclick.com/theelectricstarlightspaceanimals.htm