[Harp-L] tongue block, pucker

Hey list,
  I was and am a 'pucker' player primarily. Recently I had a chance to sit
down with Joe Filisko for a bit & talk about tone in general & we also chatted
some about tongue block. Following his advice,  I have found that using tongue
block as a practice tool has GREATLY improved my pucker tone. I now even
sometimes use tongue blocking on some tunes at gigs. I am probably still years away
from my optimum tone & will probably never master tongue block blow bends &
over bends, but l can confidently say that learning about & practicing TB is
not only worthwhile in & of itself, but has been a great tone building tool for
my pucker playing. BTW,  I'm all for grabbing any technique out there &
putting it in your arsenal.
  Now if I could quit the day job, ignore family responsibilities, & woodshed
8 hours a day like I used to. ...........There don't seem to be enough hours
in my days.

Later,
Rosco
 may.be au.gust