[Harp-L] Pat Ramsey

I do remember walking into a Pat Ramsey gig years ago when he was based in Tallahassee and hearing him do the keyboard riff off of Little Feat's Skin it Back and being totally blown away. The White Hot and Blue stuff caught my attention when it was out, especially the Honest I Do cover. I have one of the 2 more recent recordings and I'm disappointed it doesn't really capture the essence of Pat's playing. Definitely someone you want to see live. He was doing things with harmonica playing 20 years ago that are much more common nowadays. Really an innovator. He's also a heck of a nice guy, Bobbie G introduced me to him awhile back and he stood outside a club talking to me and playing Jerry Portnoy's version of Cherry Pink and Apple Blossom White for a good hour. (it wasn't his gig) fjm