Re: [Harp-L] CX-12

On Apr 5, 2005, at 8:01 PM, Dallas Selman wrote:

Just ordered a CX-12 in G. Well, after I ordered it I got to thinking about chromes in G in general, and why did I order that? I have a Super 64 that I don't use, its heavy, slow and sounds boozzy in the lower 2 holes. I don't like to transpose a 12 holer up to the higher registers just to play below middle C, even though better players than me sound good up there. Hope the G works out, the hole pattern will be an all new experience however...hmmnn. Could not find much info on who plays G chromes on the net.

Most chromatic players who play a C also play Gs (and any other key they wish). This is generally done to either get chords, or do certain articulations that can only be gotten (correctly) by adjusting at the 'harp' end. It helps to read music as G will result in the following:

Key you are using key you are following resulting (terminal) key
G C G
Db Ab
D A
Eb Bb