Re: [Harp-L] Comb Cavities

It depends on the brand and teh model of the harp. For exemple, Marine Bands have a Long Slot plate and body for harps from Low D to C, and a Short Slot plate and body for the Db harps and higher. Special 20s and Golden Melodies, MS harps have long and short slot plates, but only the long slot body is used.
All the best,
Fernando

Vince Curcuru wrote:

Hi,
the thread on combs brought to mind a question I had which i thought I might be able to get an answer to without disassembling my harps.
Are the lengths of the cavities in the combs for the same type harps all equal regardless of keys or do they vary according to the key of the harp?
any help appreciated!!
thx,
Harlyblu
Ó¿Õ¬