Re: [Harp-L] Shaker mics

I thin that Joe is pretty right. The microphone is a matter of taste and also a matter of what gear you gonna use in which condition.

I own both Shaker (Dyna and Xstal) and I have used them in various conditions. Actually I can get the best from them and also the worse.

It is just depending of whatelse gear I use with it. I found that a Fender Champ 12 with the Overdrive "on" sounds very good with a Shaker Dynamic. I mean, I like that sound.
But other people might not like.

for the story, one of the most amazing amplified sound I have heard was at SPAH 2002 with Dennins Gruenling peforming with the band. His sound was THE sound I have been looking for. He is the best, the god of the amplified sound.

I had a chat yesterday with anothe rharmonica player who told me that He hates Dennis sounds!!! To fat, to loud, to heavy! While I like it like that: fat, loud and heavy.

So, that just a matter of taste.

I want only to remind you that it takes time to understand how to use a microphone. Soemtimes you just have to plug and play other times you have to spend weeks to find the good setting. That's particularly true if you couple your mic with pedals or rack effects before pluggin' your amp.

Froggy

SHANE1198@xxxxxxx wrote:
I have 2 shakers, the dynamic and the crystal. I use the Crystal when I play
through my mesa boogie and use effects, because the sound is cleaner and the
feedback resistance is the best of any mic i have ever seen. The Dynamic i used
a little through my 58 fender harvard cause it has more of theat muddy
chicago sound, but now i use my modified JT-30 with that amp cause the tone is far
superior. The dynamic runs a little hotter but still has great feedback
resistance, now I use it to carry around if I get asked to sit in and I have to run
through the PA, the dynamic sounds good for this use. Also they are almost
indestructable, so for the price I would recomend them depending on what the rest
of your set up is like. Joe