RE: [Harp-L] LONG SLOT D?

Bob Laughton wrote:

>How does one tell if a given harp is long in the slot? Is there a standard
>measurement?

Most makers use two different reed plates for their diatonic harps -
long slot reeds for higher keys and short slot reeds for lower keys.
The precise length of the slot varies from maker to maker and
sometimes between different models from the same maker. For example,
Hohner MS harps use different slot lengths (and widths) to their
Handmade series.

>The diatonics I play are mostly Suzuki Promasters, from Low F to standard D -
>are they in long and short slot versions also?

As I believe I mentioned in an earlier post, ProMasters use the same
reedplates for all keys from Low F to High G. The actual lengths of
the slots are comparable with Hohner HandMade and Tombo/Lee Oskar long
slot reedplates.

 -- Pat.