[Harp-L] Listening to the downloads of songs!

Although I appreciate the compliments, I really wasn't looking for
comments on how proficient I may or may not be on the XB-Melody.  What I was hoping for was some
discussion about the potential of the harmonica itself.:

Hello my fellow harp freaks,

I'm not going to discuss the potential of the harmonica here, but, I would like to use this as a jumping off point to talk about the sampling of complete songs that musicians  post on harp-L for subscribers to listen to...I propose using a voting system of yes or no, to judge whether an individual who posts an "original" song of thiers on harp-L should get the privilege of disclosing their  identity, or  receiving  feedback about their playing.  This is how it would work: You can only put a song of yours on harp-L anonymously, and you cannot disclose your identity, or discuss anything about your song untill you obtain a majority of yes votes from those who've listened to your song !  The yes votes meaning that they thought your song was excellent , and the no votes, suggesting otherwise. And untill you receive this positive percentage, you will be considered only a number of your choosing. I.E. Hi my name is 222, here is the link to my song, enjoy! When a person listens to it, they simply type a Y or a N back at the harp-l site. Plus, no one is permitted to comment  on what they heard unless the yes votes out number the nay's, then and only then can anyone commence dialogue on your playing ...And you also get to reveal who you are to your admirers, since the yes votes prevailed . You do have the option of remaining anonymous .  The point of suggesting a system like this, or something similiar, would be (1) to eliminate bias towards someone that your friends with (2) to give unknown  musicians who don't have the weight of a famous name, to be heard without prejudice and (3) to weed out "music" that is'nt -  as the youngsters would say - "ALL THAT", regardless of who you might be... and of course it is a jury of your peers who must  make this very difficult decision... So, if  and when your successful at tallying up more YES nods then NO nods, then your song is considerd approved and you can ( to steal a line from monopoly ) cross go, and the open lines of communication about your groovy song can begin from either party on the harp-L forum. In other words, let the flattering begin!  Your song has earned  its due and is deemed worthy of praise and analyzation...Certainly this is all fun and games and your participation is completely voluntary . If any of you out there can or has made any sense out of what you have just read, please be so kind to rate its usefullness on a scale from 1 - 10.  Also if you have any ideals on how to improve this concept or to get the proverbial "bugs" out, I'm sure this might end up being the next big thing, next to the last big thing, that was'nt that big after all.  And for those who don't have a clue about the value of this issue, or could careless,  please cast your vote as a yes or a no regarding the impact of reading this article has had on your life!  Good luck, good evening, and last but not least, goodness gracious great balls of fire.  Hey that gives me an Ideal?  Why does'nt someone do an instrumental verison of Jerry Lee Lewis's GBOF song...Don't smirk, look what Mr. Piazza did with rockin robin!!! WARNING WILL ROGERS- WARNING_ WARNING

Peace, Love,Togetherness,

Frank