Re: [Harp-L] Re : Born in Chicago (XB-Melody)

Ok, just remember you wanted comments...

I aggree with Ramón, your Moody's mood is really something and I mean it in
the good way. You, the XB-40 and Moody's Mood seem to be made for each
other. The mellow tone is impressive. Really makes me wonder what it could
do for me. Since I'm a jazz fan, I may have a set of harps for sale soon.

With respect to blues, you set the bar really high trying to play
Butterfield note for note. The notes are there but the sound I expect
(Butterfield's) is just not there. Also I think part of the problem is that
it sounds too straight, it needs to swing more.

Its funny, on Moody's mood you sound  like a veteran XB-40 player and on
Born in Chicago you sound like a newbie XB-40 player. Maybe its just a
question of practice. Still impressive though since you played it in A.

Just a thought, if you played it in second position (or whatever position
Butterfield played it in) it might be a whole other thing. I'd like to hear
HL play this in A on a Bb harp, I doubt he could make it sound as good as
Butterfields unless he made it his.

In french we often speak of "le genie de la langue" which means that every
language is genious at some things. All instruments have their genious
moments too, that includes chro's, diatonics, XBs. You got to use what
you've got.

My .02 cents.

Pierre.

PS: sweet vibrato at the beginning of Moody's, what type?
PPS: IMHO Born is Chicago recording is too shrill.
PPS: Hope you post more of these.