Re: [Harp-L] Born in Chicago (XB-Melody)

On Sep 23, 2004, at 6:12 PM, jazmaan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Any comments on my XB-Melody "Born in Chicago"? I've gotten about 3 dozen downloads but no
feedback. Thanks.

http://www.bebopradio.com

I can't imagine why you haven't gotten any feedback out of that many downloads. I would imagine that the listeners fall into two distinct groups.
Group #1 feel THEY are better than you and don't want to give an honest opinion because they don't know what to say.
Group#2 feel that YOU are better than them and they don't want to give an honest opinion because they don't know what to say.

In MY particular case....I don't know WHAT to say....No, seriously, I thought that as an "Acapulco" piece, it was really REALLY nice. It is obvious that you know your shit on the XB (already), and I would be interested to know how long you have been playing it? Also, since I am (predominately) a chromatic player (and mostly Jazz, at THAT), I was intensely intrigued by your choice of grace notes. These were so tasty and I felt as if I knew where you were going next. You ALWAYS made the logical choice.

Good news is: I am FINALLY convinced to buy an XB-40 (or more)..what key were you using, cause when I grow up, I wanna be just like you.

smo-joe