Re: [Harp-L] Braille Harps - Bring Eyesight To The Blind.

Richard Olson wrote:

>Anyways, why is it that the Harp manufactures don't put little
>(standardized) bumps or notches or something on the cover
>plates or on the ends to indicate what key the harmonica is in.
>It would be great for anyone who is blind, has bad eyesight or
>plays blues in low light conditions ( If such people in fact were
>to exist). Braille Harps - Bring Eyesight To The Blind.

You can get Braille Dymo labelers, so it would be no problem to do
this yourself:

http://www.kifwebe.com/asp/product.asp?product=86&cat=32&ph=&keywords=&recor=&SearchFor=&PT_ID=

>Another solution might could be FLAVOR HARPS - where the
>combs are factory flavorized, e.g., Apple, Bar BQ, Cigarette,
>Dogshit, Earwax, Fennel, Grape or whatever (I'm not married to
> these flavors).

I'm glad to hear it, particularly with regard to a couple of those
flavours you list.

Anyway, you're not the first to suggest this (you'd already guessed
that, right?), but there would be certain troublesome marketing
restrictions that could pose difficulties selling such an item, at
least in the US and Europe.

 -- Pat.