Re: [Harp-L] Effects used in Windermere XB-40 instrumental

Winslow wrote:
"The harmonica  was cupped in my hands, held about 10 cm (4") away
from the mic. The SM-58 mic was plugged into a Soundblaster Live
soundcard and recording was done with Sonar 3 software.

Software effects applied to the harmonica track after the fact in
Sonar:

- eq (highs around 10K rolled all the way down, slight bumps at 86
and 196 hz, and trim rolled up to 9.

- Reverb, with motion depth up to 84 and density down to 0.24

Cakewalk Amp Sim, with Drive at 4.52 (out of 10), Bass and Mid rolled
all the way up and Treble down to -2.39 (of a range between -10 and
+10), presence at a fairly low 2.90, volume up to 15.9 (out of 24),
the Amp Model at Fuzz 2, Cabinet enclosure 4x10 with open back, Bias
cranked all the way down to -1.00, and the Mono box checked."

That's the most convincing rendition of a Chicago blues harp sound done completely in software that I've ever heard.

Thanks, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com