[Harp-L] Masco variability

A list member commented about wide variability in the sound of different
examples of a single Masco amp model.

I have serviced and played a number of Mascos.  The sound of 50 year old
tube amps is greatly influenced by the condition of the circuit components,
particularly the power supply caps and cathode bypass caps.  I suspect that
differences in the condition of the original components accounts for alot of
the variability in sound between amps.   Servicing changed the sound of
almost all the amps I have worked on.  I have owned three ME 18's and they
sounded about the same after servicing.

Jim R