De : harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] De la
part de Tim Moyer - Working Man's Harps
Envoyé : Sonntag, 05. September 2004 17:47
À : harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Objet : [Harp-L] 99 cents

Yesterday I was engaged in one of my favorite weekend activities,
shopping the "99 cents" store with my family.  As we strolled the aisles
of cheap plastic dishes, imported canned menudo and toys too cheap even
to come from China, my wife nabbed a CD of music by renowned
saxaphonist, Stan Getz.  As we were checking it out last night ("Not
what i was expecting," I think was her comment) I was surprised to hear
diatonic harmonica on track two, the Charlie Parker tune "Billie's
Bounce".  It was none other than Sugar Blue in a track recorded live in
Canne in 1980.  Funny what 99 cents can buy.

-tim

Tim Moyer
Working Man's Harps
http://www.workingmansharps.com/