[Harp-L] Re: Tools for use in the woodshed - long

Hi Pierre,

Many thanks indeed for the nice words regarding my Little/Big Walter book/CD... am VERY happy to hear that you've been able to get something useful out if it!

I wish I had some of your software, so I could slow down and re-learn some of those licks myself. :)

Anyhow, thanks again, all best wishes to you, and happy harpin' to all!

-Tom Ball, flying off to WA on Monday to record a new TB & KS CD.

_____________________
So in an effort to improve my playing I recently resolved to learn one lick
a week from Tom Balls Little Walter and Big Walter book. Its not that I
really want to learn licks, it's more of a means to force myself to learn
some of the advanced techniques of the two Walters. Tom's book is an
advanced book (a great book), that is full of octaves, tongue splits,
chords, partial chords and other techniques. These techniques are key
element of good tone and variety. Anyways, to get each lick to sound sort of
like Tom's will take me 3 or 4 weeks at least initially. So I'm working on 4
licks at a time at each daily session. <snip>
=====