[Harp-L] . . . . WHO The Harp Heavies Listen Too . . . .

You had to make me do it :

¡ ¡ ¡ ¡ I SAID STOP IT AND NOW ENOUGH IS ENOUGH ! ! ! !

O.K. . I'm going after to slap a few faces into the :

" Thanks I Needed That " State Of Reality "

Fellow colleague's here who are long time players ( and you guys know who I am talking out to , yeah you brothers :) have read the threads of many newbies and even the intermediate harp players who have been demonstrating a limited view and tunnel vision on what it takes to be able to play like Little Walter , Sonny(s)( all of them ) , Toots , James Cotton , Rod Piazza , and other contemporary and older dynasty diatonic & chromatic Blues , Jump Blues / Jazz and the variety .

O.K. Tunnel eye'd & visioners  Grit yer teeth and close yer eyes boys cause ypu better get ready ....

I'm ah goine to slaps ya'lls silly ......

-- WAP SPLAT WAP WAP SPLAT WAP WAP SPLAT WAP WAP SPLAT WAP WAP SPLAT WAP WAP SPLAT WAP WAP SPLAT WAP WAP SPLAT WAP WAP SPLAT WAP WAP SPLAT WAP WAP SPLAT WAP WAP SPLAT WAP WAP SPLAT WAP WAP SPLAT WAP WAP SPLAT WAP WAP SPLAT WAP WAP SPLAT WAP WAP SPLAT WAP WAP SPLAT WAP WAP SPLAT WAP WAP SPLAT WAP WAP SPLAT WAP WAP SPLAT WAP WAP SPLAT WAP WAP SPLAT WAP --  .

O.K. Let that learn yazz . ( Oh I feel better all ready , I hope it was as good for you old timers & such as it was for me , I feel like  having a smoke now .... whew that was fun , I ought to do this more often ... )

SO PAY ATTENTION NOW !

Man dig on the people that inspired those players you like so heavily , jump on top of some smoking Benny Goodman with Lionel Hampton yeah man that's what I'm talking ....Louie Jordan , Louie Prima , Louie Armstrong oh what a Blessed Trinity there were , Joe Venuti , Stephen Grappelli , Duke Ellington , YOU GOT TO SWING IT MAN ! ! ! Joe William's , Tony  Bennet , Count Basie , Albert Edmunds , all the Boogie Woogie monsters you can friend AND BOOGIE DOWN ! ! ! BOB WELLS AND THE TEXAS PLAYBOYS , Ray Charles , Miles Davis , The Bird , Coltrane , Diana Washington , Ruth Brown , Tower Of Power , Maynard Furguson , Pete Fountain , Al Hirt , Jobim , Brazil 66 , Gato Barbieri , Gabor Szabo , Hugh Mazekela , Arturo Sandoval , Tito Puente , Celia Cruz , Jimmy Cliff & The Whalers ( yeah before Bob Marley who I respect tons ) Harry James , Joe Pass , Charlie Christian , George Benson , T-Bone Walker  the names are endless seek them out man , seek em  .

I guess what is my point here with all that diversity is just that , be diverse in your choices of listing , look , seek and find out why your favorite music giant was what he became by what influenced him in his listening of music that moved him to the core of his ( her ) existence during their life time(s).

That is all it takes ,

STRETCH , YOU GOT TO BROADEN , EXPAND

Your Musical Horizons

Just like they did to even get close to touching the dust from their feet after they left the room ( the " BIG " room we all leave some day ).........

I know I hurt some of you , sorry but tuff love was called for here as I saw it was getting scary and out of hand , before some one got hurt seriously

.... So you over there  ......

Here ... take some Benny Goodman to stop that swelling of your eye

...... You there in the corner , sorry I kicked you so hard , ----- here is some Dr. John and The Night Tripper liniment for that thigh bruise

..... O --- and for you there with that fat lip ,

... Here is some soothing " birth of the cool " ice for you to feel better .

I know it's a dirty job , but some one had to do it ....

.....Some times it's not easy being me .........

Sincerely :

Hurricane Ramón

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com