Re: [Harp-L] Jump blues opinions

Here's a link for you:

www.hoyhoy.com

It's a wonderful site, full of clips from bands you've never heard of. It's a very educational experience as well. The author spends a lot of time chronicling the evolution of Jump, Swing, and Rhythm & Blues, as well as a nice piece on the origins of Rock & Roll. There's a 2 CD set that, in my opinion, is a must-have. It really opened my eyes (and ears)!

Essentially, Rhythm & Blues (commonly referred to as "Jump") was the last music released on 78, and was essentially lost to the world soon after when Elvis and others hit the scene, until it was re-discovered by some very hip folks in the 60's and 70's.

Give it a look!

Tim Dougherty
www.HarpMicGaskets.com