RE: [Harp-L] Re: Favorite Harp Labeling Methods

It's a cartridge belt from the Swedish K Machine Gun. It sounds like we
have the same thing.

Got mine in a surplus shop - it very well could have been Banana
Republic before they went all yuppie. But, I have a good memory of
buying it from an Army Navy Surplus store back in 1979. Always used it
for my harps. I keep my harps like C/G, A/D, F/Bb, Ab/Db, LoF/LoD - I
have a spare belt too - and found a place to get them online after a
real tuff search.

There are two types of this belt actually, one (my first type) has
greenish canvas on the side walls of the leather pouch, and the strap to
hold the pouch shut is inserted under a slit cut into the case. The
other (older type, my spare) has brownish canvas, and the strap to hold
the pouch shut is run under a sewn on strap. The rest of the hardware is
virtually identical save for the small hook which is just harder to
open.

They are durable as hell. My old belt has absolutely no sign of wear to
indicate I have to replace it, even after 25 years of beating on it. The
belt always get those "looks" from other harp players too.

Thanks.