Re: [Harp-L] harp amp

There is NO perfect amp.... I guess the best bet is to get ANY amp and learn
what sounds you can make with it.... For many years I was happy to use a
"solid state" Vox Supreme 100watt solid state amp.... It was reliable, with built
in effects, and it was loud! I liked it.... But I've worn it out...
These days, for the sound I want, I prefer a tube (valve) amp... A tube amp
will be louder than a solid state of the same wattage...
Of course it is the player that makes the sound... A good amp is IMHO an
essential ingredient.... If you have a decent sound man, the amp matters
little.... But good sound men are as rare as good harp players:-)
Best wishes
John Walden
London England