Re: [Harp-L] Vibrato on the diationic 3rd hole 1/2 step bend

Hey Doc,

--- "Dennis B. Alters MD"
<dr.alters-wizardsway@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Am trying to master the vibrato on the half step
> bend of the 3 hole. Need to hold it for a long
> period of time. I am able to hold the note
> without adding throat vibrato but I now need this
> element. Any suggestions on training for this are
> welcome.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Doc

As Winslow so aptly stated, that 1/2 step 3-hole
bend is tough to master, and adding throat vibrato
(for me) was a hopless task.

What I do instead is to use the "chin-wag" method
to get a nice vibrato going on that bend. It's not
as rich as a smooth throat vibrato, but it's the
best I can do, and isn't not that tough to master
-- once you've got the bend itself stabilized.

Good luck!

Hsarpin' in Colorado,