[Harp-L] Re: Vibrato on the diationic 3rd hole 1/2 step bend

Doc Alters wrote:

Am trying to master the vibrato on the half step bend of the 3 hole. Need to
hold it for a long period of time. I am able to hold the note without adding
throat vibrato but I now need this element. Any suggestions on training for
this are welcome.

Hey Doc..........That is a tough one.  Maybe this will help.  Keeping in
mind the notion of constricting the airflow to achieve a bend, try
constricting at the lip, rather than the K spot.  I have success by pursing
my lips just a bit.  That provides the constriction need to bend the note.
Then I can add the vibrato at the back of my mouth, nearer to the the K
spot.  Eventually, with practice, you can transfer the constriction point
from the lips to the K spot.   Hope this helps.

Best Regards to All,

Larry Boy Pratt

www.parkhousejam.com