Re: [Harp-L] Hip Hop Harp

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rob Paparozzi" <chromboy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Peter Wheat" <peterwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "Jonathan Hill" <jonathan.f.hill@xxxxxxxxx>; "harp-l" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, October 22, 2004 10:14 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Hip Hop Harp

Hey Guys,

  Re: the Hip Hop Harp, if you get a chance, check out what I played on
Cyndi Lauper's CD "Hatfull of Stars" a song titled:
"Broken Glass"...not exactly pure hip-hop but they call it "New-Jack"
groove.

  Although I played some solos, the crux of my performance was comping
rhytmically with the hip-hop groove.

   I also having a "Hip-Hop" groove written for me by ex Joe Jackson
Guitarist Vinnie Zummo and hope to include it on a forthcoming CD.

  a few months ago I played on a hip hop version of the "Sanford and Son"
theme in a rap format.....

  As harmonica players we should always be open to to "new forms" and how
we can fit in....it's not only 'fun'...but helps pay the bills,-))

Love & Peace,
Rob Paparozzi

Hi Rob,
You've hit the nail on the head on another area that harp players don't concentrate enough on: RHYTHM and GROOVE, two VERY important elements for ANY musician to understand in order to play all different sorts of genres, etc..

Sincerely,
Barbeque Bob Maglinte
Boston, MA
http://www.barbequebob.com