[Harp-L] Sonny jr's Astron paper/oil caps

All,
I just wanted to give a shout out about the Astron
capacitors that Sonny jr. has been advertising. An
electronic repair friend of mine(Kent Woodruff) found out about these
a month or so ago, so I decided to have him install
some in my 1960 bassman amp. The amp had lost the lustre
it once had, and many attempts at having it repaired did nothing
to bring back the original sparkle of the sound that made me buy it in 1975.
Even though I bought a complete set for recaping, I instructed Kent to replace
only the caps that needed to be replaced and left the ones that were original
to the amp and still functioning and not leaky in the amp. I would truly have
to say it has made the world of difference in the sound of the amp, bringing
back some of the original lustre of the amp, something I would describe as
'Bacon Sizzle'. I would reccomend these caps to anyone with a vintage bassman or
hoffman kit, I could definately tell the difference in tone. As a matter of
fact, I am thinking of using some of these in a few black face supers that I
have. I have no affiliation with Sonny other than knowing him for many years
through email and phone calls, I have actually only met him once. he can be
reached at SONNYTONE@xxxxxxx
HB