Re: [Harp-L] The Woodshed

Peter Wright said:

It's mighty lonely in the woodshed. When you first enter, you have it all
figured out that you're not going to be in there all that long. Then after
you've been there for a while, maybe a year, if you make it that long, you
learn you're going to have to lengthen your timetable considerably. Seems
there's more to that little tin instrument than you imagined.

Yeah, I could be a decent guitar player by now. What I like is Gindick's notion of "5 year to master". I'm getting close to five years and I'm a long way from mastering. Partly my fault, lack dedication; obviously learning the harp is a lifetime goal. BTW Jon's a great guy. Makes me think we should start handing out lifetime achievements awards to people who advance the cause. Maybe we could vote once annually.

For me, long-term goals keep me motivated.

That's an interesting insight, I have been lacking motivation up until recently and I had no goals, could be that's why I wasn't really getting anywhere and also why I wasn't playing as much as I used to.

Thanks for the post.

Pierre.