[Harp-L] Busted my Button

Hey harpers,

Last week I had an unfortuante accident when my
very expensive souped-up, beautiful Brendan Power G
270 chromatic slipped out of the pouch of my 7-harp
zip-bag and fell button-first onto the floor.
Button bent bad. When I went to straighten it, it
busted clean off.

Bummer.

However, this weekend I got out my handy-dandy $10
soldering kit and managed to solder that button
back onto the slider (after disassemblilng it,
cleaning it and giving it an alcohol rub).

My soldering skills are almost nihl, but I managed
to a passable job all by my lonesome (burning my
fingers only once). I filled the button cap with
solder, kept it hot, held the slider down on it (at
a right angle) until the solder cooled, then filled
the base some with more solder. It's very nearly a
perfect fit!!

Finished it by using rat-tail and triangle files to
smooth off the excess solder. It looks dang nice
and my harp's back in the gig bag! I love that harp
and didn't want to send it off to the UK to get the
button fixed.

Sometimes it pays to fix things yourself!

Harpin' in Colorado,
--Ken M.