RE: [Harp-L] Gasekting

actually - the point of contact where it matters most... MIGHT be the
comb itself. There is enough area on the reed plate that doesn't touch
the comb which would be wasted (ie, inside the chamber somewhat)

In my own gasketing practices - I also found it easier to do the comb
instead of the reed plate.

It may also be very dependent on the material of the comb - or more
precisely, the construction of the comb. For instance, plastic combs
like the Special 20, Pro Harp, Cross Harp would leave an area of the
reed plate exposed inside the comb chamber - and really do nothing extra
for compression, if that is what you are after. (compression, leak
proofing)

I think as a contrast, with WOODEN combs (which I prefer.. heh) the
bees-wax seal is the best way to go, and I don't think I would consider
a gasket, such as micro-pore tape on any wooden comb.