Re: [Harp-L] harp into the PA

In a message dated 10/13/2004 12:18:48 PM Eastern Standard Time,
rainbowjimmy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Can I plug a Green Bullet straight into the
board?
Yes, but do not go for a fatdistortedtone with this set-up. (This may be
approached later with a Harp Commander or somesuch).

Better to rethink your harmonica sound at this time, using realistically what
the GB and mixer/keyboard amp gives you - a cleaner tone. May I suggest
turning the treble down, bass up and adding a touch of reverb and/or delay to your
harmonica signal?

You can still use all the blues techniques - TB, trills, 4/5 inhale w/slight
bend, etc. Since you can't rely on FATTONE to get over w/the crowd, this will
allow you to work on your force of will, confidence and musical
placement/ideas/lines to move your audience, a stronger way to approach performance IMO.
Charlie Musselwhite live is a good role model.

Then, if and when you dial back in that inyourfacecrunchy, you may find the
end result is stronger than before.

The Iceman

PS  Coincidentally, this is very close to what I've used the past few years -
using a Ruskin mic w/GB occasionally - as I am mostly a keyboard player these
days. (PROMO ALERT - Central FL gigs w/Dr. Otto - smooth jazz horn band - and
Tony Cook's Trunk of Funk -former James Brown Drummer and FUN to play with).