[Harp-L] Re: Why use an effects pedal

Nothing will make mediocre music anything but mediocre music.  Having said
this the (IMO) greatest conjunto accordionist, Steve Jorden, comparable to LW
and Toots and all the rest was probably the only conjunto player i know that
experimented with effects and he is just awesome.  All effects are just a way to
change the sound of the instrument.  The amp you choose is your first effect
(and many amps have effects built into them (low mid high, master volume, gain,
vibrato, reverb etc) , the mike your second and the speakers are your third.
So unless you are playing acousitic harmonica you are using effects- and if
you are amplifying your acoustic sound you are using these effects to replicate
that sound.

So if you amplify your harmonica , i think the bottom line is not whether you
choose to use effects or not, you already are,  but how well you play, what
effects you choose to use to create your sound, and bottom line is this the
sound you want.
Russ