[Harp-L] Re: Why use an effects pedal?

Robert Koch wrote:

>   What you want is something that emulates a (rotating) Leslie speaker
>
>   Or get a real Leslie speaker. Fender used to make these boxes
>containing rotating-horn Leslie speakers. I own one: sound is as big as
>it can get.

What you might want to look into is the units by Motion Sound.
http://www.motion-sound.com

Gotta warn you, though, they're not cheap.  My son's a keyboard player who
travels a lot [15 gigs last month and mostly out-of-state] and thus requires
portability, so he owns one of their smallest and least expensive [at around
$500 used, $800 new,] rotary speakers, the popular Pro-3TM.  They aren't
light either... even this one weighs 27 pounds, and it's comparatively
small!!

They're surprisingly delicate inside, too, and with normal road treatment,
expect to have to get them adjusted or fixed from time to time.  But the
Motion Sound people try to be very helpful and eventually sent my son a
replacement after two attempts to repair his speaker, which was bought used
in the first place.

Hope that helps a bit.  But, also, thanks Bill G. for the heads-up on the B4
emulator.  I'll be sure to pass that info along ... as if my kid needs more
gear!!  Dragging around 4 keyboards, amp, head, 7+ pedals, motion sound,
mics, etc.......  More reasons to be glad playing harmonica, eh?!!

Bobbie

=[Harp Spoken Here]= Wish Harp-L Happy 12th Birthday >>> Join SPAH !!!