Re: [Harp-L] Re: Why Use an Effects Pedal?

Hey, you all took this in a direction I hadn't anticipated, and I love it! What I was really asking (in a poorly worded question) was more of utility, and not so much a style thing. I was really expecting answers like:

You use an EQ to help with feedback

You use slapback to make a "bigger" sound

You use reverb to wetten (?) up a dead room

Of course, those are obvious. I was hoping somebody would come forward with some sort of secret formula, a concoction of effects that provided the coveted "monster tone", or something along those lines. Again, I am a "direct" player, and have been for all of my ten or so years on harmonica. I really didn't mean to take sides or stir up a debate related to style. Of course there are styles of playing that lend themselves to a "spacy" sound, or a pure undistorted tone, or to a fat, muddy Blues growl. To each his (her) own. But you all have convinced me that I need to experiment a little, and that I will do!

By the way, anybody got a delay I can borrow...?

Regards,
Tim Dougherty
www.HarpMicGaskets.com