[Harp-L] The wonder of effects pedals... Hammond B3 sound

I've been following the thread on peddles here and thought I'd add a
different spin.  Some of you guys might have read my post about having
bought a Holland West Side Andy amp and how I'm trying to shape the tone
some and add a little more dirt.  To that end I went out and bought an
equalizer, an overdrive and a reverb pedal. So what I learned is that for
$175.00 it's possible for a guy to transform his point-to-point wired tube
amp based on the Bassman design into a Pignose Hog 20!

Needless to say, all this stuff is going back.  Although I might exchange
the Danelectro reverb for a better one like a Boss Ultraverb. The reverb
helps loosen it up a bit as it is really a bone dry amp.

My point is that you can really damp down the best aspects of your amp with
the peddles it you don't know what you're doing. Some things work though.
With the equalizer there  was a brochure of the whole Boss line of peddles
and there are some gadgets there that I might want to try, like and octave
box.  If it sounds good then I would probably use it. My feeling about the
whole subject is - If it sound good it is good.  I don't see it as cheating
or faking it or what ever. Everything is cheating.  Human beings are
cheaters on a grand scale; computers, the great wall of China, the Hoover
Dam - all cheating.

The Hammond B3/Leslie speaker brings something to mind.  On the Vaughn
Brother's CD, "Family Style," there is a song called Hillbillies In Outer
Space.  I have often thought this would be a great song to cover with a real
low keyed chromatic played through a heavily distorted, fuzzed out effect.
I had mulled over using a tremolo effect but now see that some emulation of
a Leslie speaker is just the ticket.  If any of you guys have this CD, check
out the song.  You may have never considered it as a candidate for a great
cover but it is. later

Sam Blancato, Pittsburgh