[Harp-L] Playing for the ghosts

The Space Animals got invited to play at a private party. We got free blueberry
gingerbread. The woman holding the party has an ancient house (a beautiful Cape
Cod) which she says is full of ghosts. She told the ghosts they could live in
the spare room for awhile but she needs the space She told the ghosts if they'd
be good she's appease them with flowers and music.

It was an interesting gig because we had a few people sitting in, it was more of
a jam session then a straight gig. We had a young guitarist from Berkely School
of Music that could actually play. Nice handle on those jazzy blues chords,
just the thing for Little Walter rip-off riffs. I got a chance to really spend
some time playing in 3rd position on the chromatic and some time fooling around
with loud rock and roll.

For most music I play I've found I can cover the song with either a major
pentatonic scale( with a flat 7th), a dorian scale, or a blues scale.If the
guitarist throws in a minor sixth chord that's usually a clue to play the major
pentatonic. If it's a two chord vamp like Turn on Your Love Light you can play
either a blues scale or a major pentatonic.I can see how learning a few
overblows not to play chromatically but to add some passing tones could be fun.
Maybe next year.

The guitar player asked me to turn down. I thanked him and turned down.

The home owner said the spirits were happy. Cool.

Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com
http://www.soundclick.com/theelectricstarlightspaceanimals.htm