[Harp-L] adjusting sticking reed question

  I understand that when a reed is slow to respond, the fix is to gap the
reed a little higher.  I have a Special 20 A harp with some sticking low blow
notes. My first question: should i gap the offending reed by pushing down from
the reed's tip or is it better to support the reed about halfway along its
length and only push down (adjust) the last half of the reed?
  Second question: i've read that the other reed in the hole, in this case
the draw reed, does affect the responsiveness of the opposite reed.  What do i
have to know about this to determine if the draw reed is causing my blow reed
to be sticking?
  Any other tips will be greatly appreciated.
ron