[Harp-L] effects...why use them

Hey list,
  I run through a wireless into a rackmounted  Peavy Tubefex into an amp.
This set up is a compromise, but works for me. Numerous stomp boxes would sound
better, but would be a hassle at gigs. The Tubefex has a kick-ass foot pedal
that allows quick, on-the-fly changes. I use a lot of different effects,
sometimes chained up.  There are a few reasons: I like to vary my sound; I need (&
like)  to play organ type choruses for some of my bands songs; a little delay
fattens up the sound; I can EQ different patches differently to fit harp
tambers; a longer delay & verb sounds great on ballads; etc. Mostly, though, I enjoy
the variety, & I find that different sounds inspire different ideas.  I'm a
little different in that even the most satisfying players get monotonous
sounding to me after a couple sets. That's probably my problem, but there it is.

If I played & sang like Guyger, I might have a different opinion.

later, Rosco
maybe august