Re: [Harp-L] Somthing better than a Pig Nose . . .

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 21:44:16 EDT, hallermac@xxxxxxx <hallermac@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yesterday, I dropped by a local music store. The owner was outside playing a
> guitar. I stopped top talk with him and saw a Pig Nose amp in the window. I
> asked him if he had a Hog 20 or 40 in stock. He said no, but he could order one
> for me.

Chris Otto writes:
I have a hog 20 and it works great.  Before I had the 20, played
through a friends regular little pig nose.  The hog 20 works better
for the harp.  It has squeal and tone settings on it.  I found that I
can turn the volume up if I turn the tone almost all the way off and
put the squeal on just a little.  I play through a Green Bullet Mic.
This set up works great for me with little feedback or buzz.  It is
not the loudest amp but it works well for my needs.

I also like that the amp is rechargeable.  The little pig nose used
batteries.  The Hog 20 has rechargeable batteries built into it and
they hold their charge well.  Longer that the pig nose lasted on a new
set of batteries.
--Chris Otto