[Harp-L] Jims remarks

Jim Wrote:

"A switch to a lower power recto will result in the tubes being
over-biased- that is running at a lower than optimal current. This
will not hurt the tubes or amp. You may or may not like the sound of
over-biased power tubes- there is more distortion with over bias and
some harp amps are intentionally run with this condition. Come to
think of it- You may want to intentionally under bias your present
tube set up."

Let me see if I have this right. A lower power rectifier will give me over
bias and more distortion - what I'm want - and some harps amps are set up
this way on purpose.  So why would I want to *under* bias it?  Did you mix
your over and unders and if not why would underbiasing be desirable?  I've
put a touch of reverb in via a delay pedal, not I want to dirty it up a
little and I'll be there. I just want to be sure I understand your
over/under thing correctly.

Sam Blancato, Pittsburgh