[Harp-L] Teatro Colon debut review

Got a nice review for my Teatro Colon debut in a packed 3000 seat hall
with no amplification!  Of course the harmonica is just a toy; kind of
like a Ferrari is just a toy.

Harmonically yours,

Robert Bonfiglio

AN ATYPICAL AND VIRUOSO SOLOIST IN TEATRO COLON
For a very pleasing composition for Harmonica and Orchestra by Heitor
Villa-Lobos, Robert Bonfiglio, a North American soloist from an Italian
family, was an exceptional virtuoso.
NEW SOUND
In the curiosity and enjoyment of hearing the sound a harmonica for the
first time in Teatro Colon, the appreciation of the attractiveness was
the sum of the unquestionable ability of the Brazilian composer to
achieve a balance between the fine sound of the harmonica and the massive
orchestra and also a demonstration of the acoustics of the Hall which
were put to a relentless test.

The soloist did wonders with a normal size harmonica.  In the clarity of
his sounds, to his secure intonation, with extraordinary control he
exhibited every possible human emotion, all facilitated by his
breath?..utmost was Bonfiglio?s excellent stage presence, friendly and
passionate. The attentive public was so receptive and warm that a second
and third harmonica encore of contagious joy was added.

This message was sent using I-2000 Web Mail.
http://www.i-2000.com/