[Harp-L] musicology

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Pat Missin
<pat@xxxx> wrote:
> Robb wrote:
>
> >Missin:
> >
> ><I'm not discouraging anyone from reading this
book.
> ><I merely noted that some pinches of salt are
> ><required from time to time.
> >
> >RB:Merely? I don't wanna bulldog you but saying a
book is
> >~full of bias, serious omissions and historical
> >inaccuracies~ IS a discouragement.
>
>PM: It is a caution. <<<<<<

>RB: I asked for ANY example of
> >bias or errors. He, thus far, has declined to
supply
> >any.
>
>PM: Yes - for several reasons.

the book in front of
> me at the moment.

But you had enough info to STATE as fact that it had
grievous omissions and errors???

Not personal [it's an honor to discuss rationally like
this actually. Thanks]. Just going back to original
point. A blanket condemnation with no evidence sited.
No can do. I loved the book. You said it was bogus.
That there's a chatroom out there that dislikes it
doesn't surprise me- but that doesn't exactly document
your charge.

> If you really want a detailed list of grievances
with the book, you
> could search the tuning list archives. Here is a
good starting point:

I do know the grievances of chatgroup types [ain't it
the same on all of them? I like the Popper analogy]
But I don't know of any scholars or critics who said
it had SERIOUS ~errors, bias or ommisions~.>

Thanks again,
Robb