[Harp-L] not gettin off scot-free

Part of the harp disrespect aspect comes from the way
many harp players go about things, as many of them aren't exactly musically
together themselves, including the aspects of dynamics, and when to play and
when NOT to play, so as far as I'm concerned, harp players ain't getting off
scot-free in my book either.Sincerely,Barbeque Bob Maglinte

I like this point that Bob has brought to our attention!!!  Basically if your not respected as a musician,  no matter what instrument you play - but especially
the harmonica, its pretty much dog eat dog in many bar jam situations and you can see the reaction on house bands faces when a harp player that they never heard play before steps up on stage...their expression is often " %$@#*&^ another crappy, undisiplined, weak harp player!  Anyway, my point is, if your first note is played with authority , and convinces the band that you have a touch of musical class, then they usually get the ideal that your able to hold your own as a musician and more often then not will let you jell with them weather they really want to or not...As far as the to loud issue is concerned - it's a head shakin pitiful disgrace,(the drunks love it though)!

 Frank