Re: [Harp-L] Airport security and harps

RE: the recent thread on airport security and harps: On a flight to London a couple weeks ago, my harps got through fine but they confiscated a one-inch-long tweezers from my carry-on bag. I wasn't even aware that I had a tweezers -- at the last minute my wife had snuck one of those miniature "first-aid kits" into the bag. The lady at the X-ray booth scowled and took my 'weapon' away.

Now I ask you, what could a potential terrorist do with an inch-long tweezers? "Take this plane to Havana or I'll pluck that nostril hair! I'll tweeze your eyebrow! Do what I say or I'll remove that splinter from your foot!"

later,
-TB