[Harp-L] Cure For Loud Guitarist- - ¡ Guaranteed !

Gang of Lung Loungers ( me too ) :

I simply put it to the guitar man ( or anyone other musician with a " volume problem " ) this way about his volume :

" Do YOU hear the sound level for the vocals ? " I wait till I get an affirmative " right " I understand from them , then I say :

" I can't use you if you drown out the vocals or the harp solos "

Usually two sessions is enough for me and others who are in my position to know if a change is inivitable  ..... If I have to continue reminding some one about their volume , well it's time for a change  .

When  I was a side man , I noticed players who had [THAT] problem  were not playing as much as those who didn't have to be told to turn down over and over , so I learned from watching the errors of others as well and got more work as a result from my powers of observsation  .

I just used that technique for a Rock-N-Roll guitar player who wasn't coming together as fast as everyone else was concerned , I let him know he was " OK " but needed to listen a little more closely to the changes on the songs we reheased  and lay back and be a " pocket " player till his solo's and then open up with a little more volume , he began to undertand , then the night of the gig ( only 2 weeks of reheasals mind you ), I gave him a " go get em " look as we hit the stage , and he fell in line and he sounded abosultely great . After the gig he said " wow , I only had my Marshall up to #3 ! " I said , that was the " sweet spot " don't forget it :)  We were in a TV studio that held 600+ people that night . It went off with out a hitch and man did that room fill up with great sound from us , the crowd's response said it all with whoops & hollers from a crowd of sofisticados in tuxcedos and evening gowns.

Money is a great way to control a raging electric guitar warrior I use it as a  way to control all the musicians to feed and complete my vision of a song and and an evening of music entertainment ..

I like working with young talented players that listen realy well and pick up the " feel and groove " along with their sound levels , they have a spark I love that helps me to really stretch when I feel the feeling coming on :), then again as the Iceman mentioned of the older seasoned players being so much better to work with , yeah right on with that point of view .

....As the saying goes..

Gold is where ya find it . I have some realy great memories of being on stage with seasoned pros , man the feeling is addictive and once you taste it you are hooked on it and try to get back there again with the next group of musicians you hook up with , trying to bring to the table the experiece you have and meld it into the act with new players . I love it , sometimes the magic thhat results is something words alone pale when you try to use them to describe what a hot session sounded like to someone who asks " what's it all about " ?

Sincerely :

HR

Aka:

Party_Man1@xxxxxxxxxx