Re: [Harp-L] Advice on a First Chromatic

My harp teacher, and several other friends/acquaintances at SPAH 2003 in Dallas recommended that I get a tenor chromatic -- basically the bottom 12 holes of a 16-hole chromatic.  Everyone agreed that the low notes would come in handy, while the higher notes would seldom be missed.  I just tootle on it in first position, and I haven't missed the highest notes at all.  And the low notes do sound cool!

-Phil "looking for good harp bands to come to town" in KC

Phil Marty <philmguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I've been playing diatonic blues harp for about 3 years and would like to
experiment with chromatic. Wonder if some of the chromatic players could
recommend a first harp.

I was considering the 64 Chromonica or Super 64 Chromonica or possibly going
with a 12-hole and trying the CX12 Chromatic. Or there's always Suzuki, too.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Phil
Chicago