Re: [Harp-L] Re : A harmonica saved my life= true story

HEy Mitch,

By the the way, do you know where I can get such hat? I am actually coming to LA then to DC for few days. Do you know any store where I can a nice Stovepipe hat??

Froggy

Mitchell Weiss <MRWeiss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The year was 1972. I was travelling with my girlfriend on a Greyhound bus
from Ithaca NY to NYC. I had with me a mic stand and had removed the base
to put in my bag and and was carrying the upper part of the stand which
wouldn't fit in the bag. I was dressed in a long dark overcoat and a
stovepipe hat (ala Abe Lincoln). I had hair down past my shoulders and a
beard. I arrived in NYC Port Authority Terminal where my brother was
suppossed to pick me up. He was not at the gate when the bus arrived so I
decided to go out to the street to see if he was wating for us there. As I
stepped through the doors I felt a hand on my shoulder and a cop grabbed me,
put me up against the wall and asked what I had in my hand. I responded
that it was the top of a mic stand. He said, NO, that's a weapon and
proceded to arrest me. He took me to the station in the Port Authority,
They frisked me and found a bunch of new Marine Bands I had just bought,
then threw me in a cell. After a while the Sgt. came over and questioned me
some more. I told him I was a musician. He asked if I'd stolen the harps.
After a while he came back and said, "Let's hear you play the harmonica, If
you're good we'll let you go, otherwise we're booking you." Nervously, I
gave 'em the best blues concert I could muster. They kept the mic stand and
let me go. When I got back to my girlfriend, who was worried sick, she
asked where I'd been. I said "I was jamming down at the Police Station"!
BTW, While I was being arrested, my brother was waiting in his car across
the street and saw the whole incident. Later he told me, "I was laughing,
watching the cop bust some wild looking f**king hippie carrying a bat".

Mitch Weiss
http://www.ampcast.com/mitchweiss
Check out my version of Django Reinhardt's tune "Nuages"

This communication is for informational purposes only. It is not intended as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial instrument or as an official confirmation of any transaction. All market prices, data and other information are not warranted as to completeness or accuracy and are subject to change without notice. Any comments or statements made herein do not necessarily reflect those of Schonfeld Securities LLC, its subsidiaries and affiliates.