[Harp-L] Harp tab fonts (was Beginner harmonica lessons)

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, RUSSEGR9@xxxx wrote:

<snip>

Anyway, my question is, is there a program out there that really puts
out a good note writning (musical staff) program that also has a good
diatonic harp tab (including all the bends and overblows)?  I have
tried melody maker and the harp tab is very incomplete and lacks the
range - i have also tried finale notepad but have trouble entering
harp tab.  Winslow or Glenn or anyone who has written a book that has
harp tab under a line of musical notation please let me know the best
way to do this as i really want to put together a book for my boys.

========

Russ:

I have designed various harmonica tab fonts. The one called Fletch
Diatonic is available in Truetype format and can be used standalone
in a word processor for simple one-line tab, or can be used
as "lyrics" in a music notation program like Finale. Select Fletch as
your font for lyrics, then use Verse 1 to write a line of tab. For
each note you write a symbol that represents the hole (number) and
breath (arrow) along with how many semitones the note is bent (if it
is). Before or after the tab symbol you can place various symbols for
things like tongue slaps, warbles, ways of approaching and leaving a
note through bends, slurs, etc. Multiple-note chords and split
intervals (and which holes are tongue-blocked) can be indicated on
the lines for Verse 2, 3, 4 and so on.

If you like I could email you the user's manual and you can see the
font, symbols set, keyboard layout, and determine if it suits your
purposes.

Font is $10, delivered by email.

Winslow