Re: [Harp-L] Funny e-mail from Harp-L, I am hesitating...

On Fri, Oct 01, 2004 at 01:48:57PM +0200, Nicolas Fouquet wrote:

> I have received in my mail box an e-mail supposed to be from the Harp-L Owner, but it looks weird. So, I am hesitating to open it, then I would like your advice.

> Did the owner send it or is it a fake e-mail containing a virus??
>
> Froggy

It is real and safe (if you don't mind seeing your password in plain
text, that is!)

It should be a text message, no HTML or attachments.  (Just as an aside,
I am not aware of any email transmitted viruses that do not have an
attachment...)

If you go to the link near the end of the message that looks something
like:

	http://harp-l.org/mailman/options/harp-l/you%40somedomain.com

you can turn it off by selecting "No" in the "Get password reminder email
for this list?" section after entering your password.

jaime